1. How does it work?
The students are participants in the program, not employees of the corporate partner. The Industry Work Study Program communicates and requires compliance with all Department of Labor regulations.
2. Will the students receive training before they begin working in our office?
Yes, students are trained in:
3. Do students choose where they work?
After considering students’ skill levels and interests and the skill sets needed by our sponsors, the Program staff will determine where students are placed. Typically this is associated with the student’s sponsor
4. As a partnering business, what responsibilities do we have?
Your three biggest responsibilities are to:
5. If I have a problem with a student, do I deal with the student directly?
If there is ever an issue with a student in the workplace, you may deal with the student directly or you may contact the Industry Work Study Program Office. Students may be replaced if there are any issues. In these rare cases, another student will be assigned.
6. Why should a business participate in the program?
There are many reasons to participate:
7. Are there guarantees to ensure the success of the students and program?
Each student receives program credit for the work study program. Each student is also evaluated on his or her performance at least twice during the calendar year. Students also have an opportunity to evaluate their workplace. Workshops are conducted throughout the year to assist students in their learning process.
8. Is there a dress code?
Students are held to strict standards. All students are required to wear workplace appropriate attire. Students must adhere to the dress code at all times.
9. Is it possible to hire students during school breaks?
Yes, it is possible to hire students during the school year in accordance with state and federal DOL regulations.
CRM & Social Media
Accounting System Processing
HR/Payroll & benefits
Customer sales support
Virtual office support
Copyright © 2022 Young Kappa Foundation Mentorship Program - All Rights Reserved.